Pediatric Dentistry in Albuquerque
Dedicated to Your Child’s Oral Health
We understand the anxieties that may arise when it is time to take your kids to the dentist. Our services are uniquely designed to offer children the highest standards in modern dental care. Our Albuquerque pediatric dentist at Honest Tooth Family Dentistry is fully equipped to lead your little ones down a path of better overall health.
Call (505) 207-3989 to schedule a consultation with our trusted staff today.
Pediatric Dentistry Services Available
Delaying necessary treatment for your teeth can cause several problems for the future of both your oral and overall health. That is why we provide the following services:
- Comprehensive Exams & Cleanings
- Crowns & Bridges
- Root Canals
- Cosmetic treatments
- Emergency & Trauma-Related Care
- Sleep Appliances
Special Care For Your Little Ones
If you have questions about how to care for developing smiles, we are happy to talk about good habits for a healthy diet, as well as the best brushing and flossing practices. We make it easy for you and your entire family to receive care, whether your child needs a routine cleaning or cavity filling, we are here to serve you.
Tips for children to maintain great oral health for a lifetime include:
- Schedule dental checkups regularly – As recommended by the American Dental Association, your child’s first exam should occur no later than their first birthday, and afterward should visit at least twice a year. By ensuring that your child attends constant appointments with their dentist, you can verify that things are progressing normally and they are on the right track to outstanding oral health.
- Help ingrain trust in dentists – It is crucial to teach your child early on about the importance of oral health. Enforce the fact that their dentists are caregivers who are looking out for their teeth and ultimately their wellbeing, as opposed to scary mouth doctors who wish to inflict pain for no apparent reason. One tip to avoid instilling fear in your child is to avoid speaking about any negative encounters or dentophobia you may have experienced, in addition to avoiding vocabulary such as “painful” and “dentist drill.”
- Promote proper nutrition – As does any part of your body, your oral health requires healthy eating habits. With an abundance of child-targeted foods and snacks containing sugar, children are highly susceptible to getting cavities. Refrain from giving your child sugary snacks and beverages and instead choose healthier alternatives such as low-sugar fruits, vegetables, and drinking water more regularly.
“The entire office is warm and welcoming. Dr. Pereyra is amazing! He is patient, understanding, and attentive. First dentist, in over 40 years, I have ever felt at ease and comfortable with.”- Amber W.R.
“Very friendly staff. Warm, comfortable environment. Dr. Pereyra is the best! Best dentist I have ever been to. Knowledgeable, friendly and gentle. Always explains what he's doing and makes sure to ask how you are doing too.”- Robyn P.
“Dr. Pereyra and his staff of dental assistants and hygienists are wonderful! His gentle demeanor and professionalism are outstanding and greatly appreciated. I recommend his practice to anyone needing a patient, kind and talented dentist.”- Jane P.