Albuquerque Dental Implants
Advanced Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry
Dental implants are assured of giving you results that last a long time, with the most amount of comfort. They are also crucial in preserving the bone in your jawline, which then supports the rest of your teeth. Normally, this bone deteriorates when you lose your teeth, decreasing the entire stability of your mouth. However, implants are amazing at safeguarding this bone, leading your mouth to be better protected overall.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
The steps of receiving your dental implant at Honest Tooth Family Dentistry may involve the following:
- An examination to obtain x-rays and models of your teeth and mouth as reference points for the procedure.
- Extracting the damaged tooth, followed by a small incision into the gum. Afterward, a small hole is made in the jawbone where the implant is to be placed. An abutment is then screwed onto the implant, on which a temporary, artificial tooth is placed.
- This temporary tooth will then get stitched up with dissolvable stitches and stay in place until the permanent tooth is available.
- After the surgery, you will follow up with us in a few days. You will be encouraged to stay on a soft food diet for several weeks and to refrain from caffeine or tobacco consumption.
- Once the implant site has finished healing and the implants have completely stabilized, the temporary teeth are removed and replaced with your new set of teeth.
The Benefits of Albuquerque Dental Implants
Restore missing teeth with our advanced dental implant procedures.
Here are a few of the benefits:
- Solution for missing or decayed teeth
- Restores beautiful, healthy smiles
- A lifelong solution
- Improves confidence, appearance
- No need to worry about slipping teeth or embarrassing mishaps
How Do I Properly Care For My Dental Implants?
There are several steps you can take to ensure that your dental implants stay fully functional. These include:
- Brushing at least twice a day with a toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Use a dentist-recommended toothpaste
- Floss and use an interdental brush in order to cover hard-to-reach areas
- Avoid biting or chewing foods that could damage your dental implants, such as hard candy or chips
- Contact the professionals at Honest Tooth Family Dentistry if you are grinding your teeth
Call our office today at (505) 207-3989 and book your free consultation for our custom dental implants in Albuquerque.
“The entire office is warm and welcoming. Dr. Pereyra is amazing! He is patient, understanding, and attentive. First dentist, in over 40 years, I have ever felt at ease and comfortable with.”- Amber W.R.
“Very friendly staff. Warm, comfortable environment. Dr. Pereyra is the best! Best dentist I have ever been to. Knowledgeable, friendly and gentle. Always explains what he's doing and makes sure to ask how you are doing too.”- Robyn P.
“Dr. Pereyra and his staff of dental assistants and hygienists are wonderful! His gentle demeanor and professionalism are outstanding and greatly appreciated. I recommend his practice to anyone needing a patient, kind and talented dentist.”- Jane P.